Thursday 4 April 2013

Getting my Mojo back!

Ok, so Tuesday was a shocker, Wednesday was manageable and today I'm feeling almost ready to run. 

I've got three more sleeps until the Geelong Half and I'm starting to chomp at the bit again. 

I've teed up to borrow an all singing and dancing GPS watch to track the time and speed, and...  my brand spanken new blue and red Inov-8 Bare X-lite 150 shoes arrived early this morning. Bonus! And a two day turn-around from barefootinc.com once again...


How I felt the last couple of days -  I would have ran about as fast as Harry here...

Did I mention that they were delivered by a very personable, very cute young AustPost deliver driver, not the usual chain smoken, grumpy ol throw the package down the drive regular driver? Double bonus! 

Why the Bare X-Lite 150s? Well, a full review is to come, but after much thought and pondering (and that they are on sale at www.barefootinc.com.au, that helps the decisions a little) I wanted the 'comfort' of the 7mm midsole of the Inov-8 Bare X-Lite 150s to help ease me into the final transition of the Natural running journey that I started last August. 

So with a couple of teaser pics - including my ingenious road feel test:

I leave you wondering 'is this guy going to crack the sub 1:30 time on Sunday?'

Cheers and happy running, 

Lachie

I should also mention that I bought my bare X 150s with my own pocket money :)





  Use the code fish10 to obtain a 10% discount off your barefootinc.com.au order 

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to read that you're almost back to 100% Lachie. Hope you're fully recovered by the time you toe the start line this weekend.

    I hope you enjoy the 150's. They're nice and light but just not suited to my foot shape as you may know from my blog.

    Looking forward to your race report and all the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate, I'm ready to boot. Did a quick 4km in the 150s this morn and they felt great. It's like running like a kid again. They are a funny shape on the sole, almost rectangular? Your posts are always bang on with their timing:

    http://www.9run.ca/2013/04/two-fantastic-articles-re-boston.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9run%2FwSQV+%289run+-+a+blog+on+running+and+the+active+lifestyle%29

    The half will be a BB run :) I'll try to head out top 50-100 and see what the run brings. I felt great this morn and with the camelpak on to keep the throat lubed I'm hoping it all falls into place.

    ReplyDelete