Monday 25 March 2013

A good week for trainin

After a total 'blah' week last week it's great to be feeling good again. 

As an athlete I totally under estimated the importance of and my recovery time needs. After the epic Rollercoaster run last Saturday I had to abort my recovery run after about a km on Monday. 21.5kms of insane hill climbs and descents got to me.

In the gym on Tuesday I hit the Watt bike and had a shorter,  but solid session. That was followed with a long recovery and regenerative session with the Trigger Point roller and a ball under the butt checks. I think my expression in the photos says it all!


On Thursday I did a light bike and short 2.5km run and felt a little better. Friday was a complete rest day.

Saturday I found a great trail that follows the Yarra River from Kew to the city of Melbourne. I ran about 25mins out and the same back. The terrain was great - rocky, dusty, cambered, inclines and declines - everything a trail should be without being too tough. I really enjoyed it and got my Mojo back. 

I was able to do a solid 10km on a mostly rising road route in 46:00 so I feel more confident about my up and coming half marathon again. 

Today I was hammered by Leigh on the bike:


Bike: 90 sec work/30 sec rest x 5 All the intensities were at 80% plus

3 min burpees (I got out 81)

60 sec work/30 sec rest x 6

2 min squat (I got out 65)

30 sec work/30 sec rest x 6

1 min push up (51)

20 sec standing/20 sec seated x 8

20 on/20 off Rope plyo lashes (Think massive rope and whipping it up and down to create waves)


From here I have a 5km power run on Thursday, an easy 8km with the wife on Saturday and then two power and speed runs next week before the half. 

The plan is to go out and run a hard first 10km at the half and then hope to maintain it for the last 11km. This time I will definitely be having a week to recover!

Cheers and safe recovery running and happy training

Lachie the fish


  Use the code fish10 to obtain a 10% discount off your barefootinc.com.au order

No comments:

Post a Comment